Agile Project Management Foundation
AgilePM – Agile Project Management was created by the Agile Business Consortium, based on its tried and tested DSDM approach to project management and delivery, and was launched in 2010 in partnership with APMG.
With ever-increasing popularity AgilePM is now established as the Agile Project Management approach of choice world-wide with over 100,000 certified practitioners.
Unlike most other Agile approaches AgilePM has a full-project perspective – taking a project from an initial idea all the way through to assessing whether the business objectives for the project have been achieved whilst ensuring appropriate governance and control in a fully Agile way.
Based on a sensible philosophy that:
“Best business value emerges when projects are aligned to clear business goals, deliver frequently and involve the collaboration of motivated and empowered people”
AgilePM blends discipline with configurable formality to provide the Project Manager with a clear definition of roles and responsibilities and a range of Agile techniques that, when used in combination help projects deliver optimum business value on time, on budget, every time.
Whether you are project manager with an IT background or you come from a different part of your business, AgilePM training is for you.
Training and Certification
This four-day course is presented in two parts. In the first two days you will learn the basics of Agile Project Management and sit a Foundation exam to demonstrate your grasp of the fundamentals. In the second two days, you will explore the project managers role in more detail before preparing for and sitting the Practitioner exam designed to demonstrate that you can apply the theory of AgilePM in a project environment.
By the end of this course certified Agile Project Management Practitioners will be able to:
- Demonstrate the practical application of the AgilePM principles.
- Describe how key project roles contribute to project success.
- Understand how to manage their project through its lifecycle.
- Select when and how to use the AgilePM products effectively.
- Make use of the MoSCoW and Timeboxing practices to ensure on-time, on-budget delivery of projects – every time.
- Lead Agile teams to deliver high quality, high value business solutions.
- Take advantage of a complimentary one-year membership of the Agile Business Consortium.
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone currently, or soon to be, engaged actively, day-to-day in a project to create or enhance an IT-enabled business solution.
- Any Project Manager or project management officer interested in becoming a certified Agile Project Management Practitioner.
This training is not currently available on a public schedule. It is available in-house for classroom-based delivery on-site or near your place of work.
Full project teams and their project managers will benefit from the first half of the course which can be run stand-alone with project managers attending the second half of the course, perhaps as a group to explore the more project manager-specific details in more depth.
As an alternative, the first two days is available as an on-line course with a ‘mock’ Foundation exam in preparation for you taking the APMG Foundation exam either on-line or at an APMG exam centre.